- Hold the mask in hand with the metal nose-piece up. Allow headband to hang freely and gently open mask.
- Position the mask under the chin covering mouth and nose and pull the headband over the head and position behind head.
- Press soft metal nose piece to conform snugly around the nose.
- To check fit, cup both hands over the mask and exhale vigorously. If air flows around nose, tighten the nosepiece. If air leaks around the edge, reposition the headband for better fit. Retest the seal and repeat the procedure until the mask is sealed properly.
Storage and Use
Keep respirators in the display box away from direct sunlight or contaminants until use. Ambient storage conditions should not exceed 25 °C and 50% Relative Humidity.
This product is intended for single use only. No maintenance is necessary. Discard respirator after use or if damaged in any way.
This product does NOT protect the wearer against gases, vapours and solvents (e.g. from paint spraying operations) and should not be used in atmospheres containing less than 19.5% oxygen.
Leave the work area immediately if;
- breathing becomes difficult
- dizziness or other distress occurs.
Do not use when concentrations of contaminants are immediately dangerous to health or life. This product has an aluminium nose piece and the manufacturer advises against this type of product being used in an explosive atmosphere.
Facial hair, beards and certain facial characteristics may reduce the effectiveness of this respirator.
Never alter or modify this respirator in any way.
The length of time this respirator can be used depends on contaminants present but should not exceed one shift. The respirator should be replaced sooner if breathing becomes difficult or if the user notes any irritation, taste or smell.
Failure to follow all instructions and limitations on the use of this product could reduce the efficiency of the respirator and result in serious damage to health or death. Unless fitted according to instructions, the respirator will not provide the expected level of protection.