If you have recently installed a new block paving system and want to maintain its clean fresh look, or if you are looking to clean up your old one and wish to protect it against future conditions – a clear paving sealer is a simple effective solution.
The acrylic formula of the sealer improves the wear resistance of your paving system and provides protection to its natural aesthetics, leaving a subtle satin finish.
Create a barrier with a clear sealer
A paving sealer works as a barrier to protect block paving from staining, as well as making it easier to clean in the long term.
In addition, the sealer will improve the binding strength of the sand fillers within the joints of the paving.
Step 1: Surface Preparation
- Before applying the paving sealer, ensure your paving is clean from any dust and debris.
- Top up joints with dry jointing sand.
- Make sure any stains are removed from the paving using a cleaning solvent or a wire brush.
- Make sure your surface is dry before application.
Step 2: Paving Sealer Application
- Pour the sealer into a scuttle.
- Use a paint brush or wide short pile roller to apply the sealer.
- A second coating is optional depending on the desired satin finish.
Note: The paving sealer should not be applied in conditions where there is frost in the ground or when freezing conditions are expected.
Step 3: Cleaning
- Any spillages should be wiped up before the coating has time to cure.
- Once finished the tools can be cleaned with Rizistal Safer Solvent.
Step 4: Curing Time
- Touch dry at 20°C after 2 – 4 hours.
- Full cure at 20°C after 24 hours.
Note: For colder conditions please allow up to 48 hours for a complete cure.